Siegburg, November 22, Kranz Park Hotel
Prague, November 25, Hotel Extol Inn
The speakers at the tour are Vlad Khorsun (Firebird Core Team), Alexey Kovyazin (IBSurgeon), Dmitry Kuzmenko, and Pavel Cizar.
1. Overview of Firebird development
2. Overview of transactions concept and its parameters. Examples of transactions parameters and their usage.
3. Transaction in Firebird: peculiarities and special parameters. Transaction inventory page, versions and how transactions work in multi-generation database.
4. Inside Firebird transactions: what happen inside engine during transactions’ start, commit, rollback.
5. Transactions interaction and best practices for application development. Conflicts between transactions.
6. Garbage collection mechanism and sweep in details
7. Transactions management in various drivers (Delphi, .NET, Java, etc): parameters and approaches.
8. Diagnosing transaction management problems: most prevalent problems, how to catch and fix them.
9. Round table: questions and answers