Firebird Class 4 JCA-JDBC Driver Downloads
Jaybird 2.2.4 released, with the following fixes since Jaybird 2.2.3:
- Fixed: Exceptions during statement preparation leave connection and transaction open after explicit close (JDBC-311)
- Fixed batch update (or insert) with blob set through setBinaryStream() sets empty blob for all but the first batch entry (JDBC-312)
- Fixed incomplete checks of database, transaction, statement and blob handle validity before continuing with actions. These incomplete checks could lead to unexpected exceptions (for example a NullPointerException in iscDatabaseInfo) (JDBC-313)
- Fixed error when setting connection charset equal to "file.encoding" java property (JDBC-314)
- Fixed connection character set not correctly set when specifying the Java connection characterset (charSet or localEncoding property) (JDBC-315)
- Fixed incorrect lengths and/or radix reported by getTypeInfo and getColumns metadata (JDBC-317, JDBC-318)
- Initial Java 8 / JDBC 4.2 support (JDBC-319)
- Firebird 3 BOOLEAN type support, see Support for Firebird 3 BOOLEAN type in the release notes for more details (JDBC-321)
- Added fallback of loading GDSFactoryPlugin implementations to prevent NullPointerException in Hibernate reverse engineering wizard in NetBeans (JDBC-325)
- Fixed: Jaybird should specify dialect 3 in dpb when no explicit dialect was set (JDBC-327)
- Fixed: several DatabaseMetaData methods defined by JDBC to only accept the actual table name also accepted a LIKE-pattern or empty string or null. This was changed to conform to JDBC. This change can break applications that relied on the incorrect behavior (JDBC-331)
Affected methods are: getPrimaryKeys
. As part of this change getIndexInfo
now handles names in the wrong case slightly different.
Jaybird 3.0 will further modify and restrict the pattern matching and case sensitivity of metadata methods. See Future changes to Jaybird
in the release notes for more details.
The following are known in issues in Jaybird 2.2.4 (and earlier):
- ResultSets opened with CLOSE_CURSORS_AT_COMMIT aren't correctly closed on commit when auto-commit is off (JDBC-307)
This list is not exhaustive, see the Jaybird tracker for a full list of open bugs.
See also the full Jaybird 2.2.4 releasenotes.
The release is also available on maven(*):
*The artifactId depends on your target Java version: jaybird-jdk15, jaybird-jdk16, jaybird-jdk17 or jaybird-jdk18.
All released versions are available at sourceforge.net.
For more details see Jaybird 2.1 JDBC driver Java Programmer's Manual.